Is NAOS BIM?
Building Information Modeling is a way of thinking and managing a project. Every information of the project is in the model or in the linked files. NAOS is more BIM than you would expect.
Some software are focused on product library and parametric features. Searching for the suitable product in BIM format can take a lot of time. Modeling it from scratch can take a lot of time too. Will your project wait for the manufacturer to produce a decent BIM file ? Why not model it yourself, quickly ?
NAOS gives you the tools to build what you need, in a decent time.
Why another modeling software? There are Rhino+VisualARQ, Sketchup, Revit LT…
Rhino is a powerful modeler, but is…
- mainly destructive.
- there is no proper data management, even with addons.
- no timelines or schedules
- no real tools, rather commands that take a lot of room on your screen
- no complex solid layered objects
Sketchup is fine for a lot of things, but has practically the same drawbacks as Rhino :
- destructive, no proper database.
- isn’t able to manage curves and surfaces, but only meshes.
Revit LT is a powerful package for new buildings, but :
- is mainly based on predetermined categories as : walls, slabs, roofs. What do you do when a shape is something continuous, evolving from wall to roof ?
- Revit’s database management doesn’t allow crossed filtering (even if some plugins try to do so).
- Revit (LT)’s interface produces a lot of friction, and can’t allow lots of customization.
There hasn’t been any new software in the field in the past 15 years.
Do we need to talk about Archicad ?
15 years before, the Iphone didn’t even exist.
Do we still buy “improved” versions of Nokia 3410 ?
It is time to start anew, from scratch.
Is NAOS open source?
In order to ensure consistency and quality of design, NAOS will not be open source. However, in order to protect customers, it will be based on fair software agreement.
NAOS will commit to allow you perpetual access and export of your archives, even if you don’t have any license.
How much will it cost?
It is not possible to tell now, but… way less than any professionnal grade software. Our goal is to offer to architects and other creatives in the whole world something legit, usable and affordable.
I’m thrilled, where can I buy?
Thank you a lot ! You will have to be patient. Fully functionnal Version 1.0 is planned to be ready in 30 months.
How can I help (paid)?
You can tell us what you can do, and you will get an answer in 7 days. Good work has a fair price and being paid is being commited. So no free work here.
If you want to stay tuned, just say hello!